A novel method of acquiring X-ray images in
a digital format using a digital array or bucky having a high sensitivity and good
resolution. This system is faster, cheaper and environmentally more friendly and it
replaces the traditional film-screen system.
- Image manipulations in real time on a high
resolution screen with more than 1,024 shades of grey, zoom and flip view capabilities.
- System compensates automatically for
exposure variations so that images of optimum density are consistently produced (Thus
eliminating the need for retakes).
- Computer processing of raw data can produce
images of conventional appearance or if needed, with contrast or sharpness enhancement.
- System has wider exposure latitude that a
- The system can be introduced into a new or
previously installed X-ray equipment.
- Well suited in emergencies where time is
crucial and patient co-operation is limited.